The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) protects employees from certain actions taken by employers and labor unions. If you are an employee who has been subjected to unfair labor practices at work, it is important to learn about your rights by consulting with an experienced Arizona labor law attorney.
If you are an employer, it is important to learn about your rights and responsibilities under the NLRA and other federal labor laws pertaining to collective bargaining, training, handling grievances and other labor-related issues.
At Matheson & Matheson, P.L.C., our attorneys are experienced advocates for employers and employees in Scottsdale, Phoenix and throughout Arizona. Our Scottsdale and Phoenix unfair labor practices attorneys are here to protect your rights and interests.
What Are Unfair Labor Practices?
The NLRA prohibits employers from engaging in unfair labor practicing, including the following:
- Interfering with employees’ right to organize
- Interfering with employees’ collective bargaining rights
- Retaliating against employees for filing a complaint with the NLRA
Likewise, the NLRA prohibits unions from taking certain actions, such as:
- Coercing employees into supporting the union
- Coercing employers to penalize an employee who is not supportive of the union
- Refusing to engage in good faith collective bargaining
- Charging excessive union dues
Whether you are an employee or an employer, our lawyers can provide you with the knowledgeable guidance and strong advocacy you need for your unfair labor practices issue.
If you would like more information about our federal labor law practice, please contact us online or by telephone at 480-889-8951or 866-521-0720 to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers. Our office is located in North Scottsdale near the Frank Lloyd Wright exit off the 101 freeway.