Darrel Scott Jackson
Darrel Jackson grew up in Phoenix, Arizona and attended Arizona State University, where he earned a Bachelor's degree in History and a post-baccalaureate teaching degree. After serving as a high school teacher for several years, he returned to Arizona State to study law, graduating with honors from the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law in 1997. While in law school, he served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Arizona State Law Journal, was a national champion in the ABA negotiations competition, and received the Armstrong Award as the most outstanding graduate.
After graduating, Mr. Jackson served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable William C. Canby, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He then joined the Phoenix firm of Brown & Bain (now Perkins Coie), where his practice focused on employment law and trademark law. In 2002, he became an Assistant General Counsel for America West Airlines and then US Airways, working in a variety of areas including employment law, labor relations, intellectual property, and commercial litigation. In 2007, he joined the Law Department of Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (parent of the Arizona Public Service Company) as a Senior Attorney, focusing on employment law, labor relations, and leadership training.
During his career, Mr. Jackson has defended and managed employment litigation throughout the country, appeared before the state, federal and appeals courts serving Arizona, tried dozens of arbitrations, participated in scores of mediations, and provided legal counsel regarding a wide range of employment-related issues. He currently provides employers and employees with results-driven, cost-effective legal services.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law Counseling and Litigation
- Arizona, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Law Review: Arizona State Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 1996 - 1997
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Armstrong Award (faculty choice as most outstanding graduate), 1994 - 1997
- National Champion, ABA Negotiations Tournament, 1995 - 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 1999 - 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Arizona Pubic Service Company, Senior Attorney, 2007 - 2011
- US Airways, Inc., Assistant General Counsel, 2002 - 2007